Members of the British Society of Baking come from all areas of the baking industry and its associated suppliers, including: retail, plant and in store bakeries; ingredient and equipment suppliers; flour millers; research associations; and education establishments. Bakery students and trainees are also very welcome as members. The current annual subscription is £60 for full members and £30 for students and recently qualified students up to 25 years of age.
Click here to download a membership application form. Click here to download a BSB information leaflet. The PayPal facility below can be used to pay subscriptions, which can also be paid by cheque and by bank credit transfer
The range of services afforded to members includes the following:
- Conferences – normally two are held per year (members can also bring guests)
- An optional conference dinner is held on the evening prior to each conference
- A dinner associated with bakery/food exhibitions may also be held
- The proceedings of each conference are published for members in a high quality booklet
- Downloads of conference proceedings from 1994 are available in our archives – click membership page tab, then BSB archives.
- Conference papers cover a wide range of topics related to the industry
- There have been over 550 presentations since the founding of the Society
- Golf – an annual golf competition is held in the spring
- Copies of previous papers on any subject sent on request
- Certificate of membership
If you are interested in joining the BSB please email your name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send you details along with an application form.